Thursday 7 October 2010

Spare grandmother anyone?




I can honestly say that if I had a grandmother I would think about selling her to acquire one of these stunning mirrors. I saw them a few months ago in Anthropologie, and it was perched up so high on a shelf there was no hope a small lady such as myself leaping that high. 



Can you see it, right up there?

Today I found out they are made by Huw Griffith, who restyles antiques for fancies like Paul Smith, The Hospital Club and Designers Guild. Stunning, I will have to add one to my never ending wish list.




I went through a stage of scratching the back of mirrors to remove the mercury, I still have a couple around the house. As you can see, I stuck old photos behind them and lined them with ribbon and glass beads. I stopped making them, as I was worried I would get mercury poisoning!

Do let me know if you happen to find a spare grandmother......