Saturday 17 March 2012

The Makers. Jennifer Causey.

all photos Jennifer Causey.



There is always something special about someones creative space. I love visiting artists studios, the feel, smell and visually it is always very pulling. There is always a sense of stepping onto sacred land.

So I have been captivated this afternoon while looking at 'The Makers' a photo documentary of the creative makers in Brooklyn, New York by Jennifer Causey. She has taken that sacred land and opened it up. Finding the most interesting people and telling us their stories through her photographs and words. She admirably captures the intensity these people have for their trade, and a love of living in Brooklyn.

I think Jennifer Causey is magnificent. Should she ever step across the water and find herself in London I would love to meet her. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.